- Founder & CTO of ascribe, which enables copyright protection via the blockchain and internet-scale machine learning. @ascribeIO
- Founder & CTO of Solido, a VC-backed company applying machine learning to circuit design. The majority of big semis now use Solido. @SolidoDesign
- Founder & CTO of ADA (Analog Design Automation), also VC-backed + ML + circuits. ADA was acquired in 2004.
- PhD in EE from KU Leuven, Belgium. Awarded #1 thesis worldwide in the field.
- BE EE and BsC CS from U Saskatchewan, Canada. Awarded #1 final year thesis.
- Did ML research for Canadian Department of National Defense.
- Wrote 2 Books [1,2] on ML, circuits and creativity. Also 35 Papers, 20 Patents.
- Keynotes & invited talks at MIT, Columbia, Berkeley, JPL, Apple, Nvidia, Data Science Day Berlin, PyData Berlin, more.
- Organize Singularity Meets Self Improvement [link] and co-organize Berlin Machine Learning [link] meetups. Co-organized workshops on ML / circuits [e.g. 1,2,3,4]. TPC / reviewer for many conferences & journals [e.g. 1,2,3,4,5]
- Past projects: painting, BCI hacking, hypnosis, video game programming, surfing.
- Raised in a pig farm in Canada, hacking away on cold winter nights.
- more at LinkedIn